GCED BOARD GAME : SAVE THE EARTH FROM PLASTICS
Global Citizenship Education (GCED) is initiated by UNESCO as a response of the challenge from current pressing issues, such as global warming, poverty, sanitary crisis, education, etc. This program aims to educate all learner to think wisely about the effects of our current habit towards the future of our existence.
GCED Board Games: Save our earth from plastics is a board games designed to raise public awareness about the danger led by the excessive of plastic–based materials use. This board games can be played by all learners; while playing, they also can learning.
How to set the game:
- Download the cards. Make sure you are registered in marsiajar.com.
- Print the board template in 60 x 60 size.
- Print out the cards in 10 x 15 cm size, cut them and stick to the color paper. Make sure they are glued to the similar color; blue cards with the blue color paper, green cards with the green color paper and so on. Laminate all the cards.
- Print the spinner in 20 x 20 cm size. Cut, and laminate it. Stick it to a hard paper or Styrofoam with a single fastener in the middle. Do not forget to give some space for the arrow.
How to play:
- Determine the player sequence.
- Pick your own character. You can use any objects to represent your existence in the game. For example: Eraser, pencil, etc.
- Spin the spinner. Watch which color the arrow is pointing. If it points the color with the instruction, go to the nearest color it is mentioned. If there is no instruction, then you can take the similar color card.
- As you take the color, read the information in the card aloud so your player mate can hear the information. You can choose to read them in English, Hangul or in Bahasa Indonesia, then you can follow the instruction provided in the bottom of the card about your next move.
- If there is no information in your card, directly follow the instruction written.
- After the card is used, put it in a separate place. Do not put it back to the not-yet-used cards.
- Play until you can reach the blue box.
- If some specific color card is finish while the game is still running, you can reshuffle the used cards and put it back to its color.
How to play video :
- This material is only can be used for your personal lesson material.
- The material aims to promote all age learners to be aware about the danger of plastic.
- This material is not for sale.